Tuesday 5 June 2012

Lots of pumpkins...

Never being one to deny a challenge, I set about proving Mum wrong that pumpkins grow above ground. I was wrong, however, we did discover that a single pumpkin plant can produce several pumpkins. Usually this would be good news, except that we have 14 pumpkin plants already trying to take over every other surface near them. If that wasn't bad enough, due to them flowering only one day each for the male and female flowers (yes, I've done my research) we're in a rush to plant them outside. Pumpkins, to me, are only good for one thing though... carving! 

So if anyone knows what I can do with 30+ pumpkins please comment :) 


You can find me on | Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | Google + | Tumblr | Email |

4 comments:

  1. I like pumpkins. Yup.

    http://missbitchxox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) your blog is really interesting, love it.

      Delete
  2. Pumpkins do grow above the ground :) and need lots of space (my mum grows loads of things). you will have to show us some pics of them all when they are bigger!

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they grew like potatoes then pushed to the surface, obviously not. Thanks for the advice- got a big empty patch ready for them :)Do you have anymore advice? It's the first time growing pumpkins :) x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think :)