Friday 16 August 2013

I passed my driving test, got into university and celebrated 4 years with Luke!

This week has probably been one of the most stressful weeks of my life! It started off great with mine & Luke's 4 year anniversary but then got progressively worse as I had my driving test on Tuesday 13th and then my a level results came out yesterday (15th). I cried. A lot. And I never want to experience anything like that week ever again. I felt like it would never end! But here I am out of the otherside. 

I had a great anniversary weekend with Luke. We headed to Derby as a mini holiday before my driving test and it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! We stayed at the Ramada Encore through Last minute's Top Secret Hotels. Although that link doesn't show you the secret hotel as that would spoil the surprise! I spent all night figuring out which hotel it was and it turns out it a usual night there costs £85! To say we only spent £30 for the 2 of us, we were ecstatic. After getting there by train (literally a 5 minute walk) we headed straight out to the Westfield shopping Centre for some sweets and drinks. Since it was a sunday we couldn't spend long there and had a slow and scenic walk back to the hotel. Before jumping into our swimming costumes and into the sauna! And before we knew it it was teatime so over the road to Harvester we went. Filling up with bread made the long wait for tea more bearable. It was the only time Luke didn't get asked for ID (I preferred the unlimited coke). The next day we wandered over to Pride Park stadium where Derby County Football Club plays (Luke's favourite team) and had subway for breakfast before heading onto the train back home so I could have more driving practice. 





Every year for our anniversary we try to go somewhere with the same letter of the alphabet:
A- When Luke asked me out I was abroad.
 B- For our one year anniversary we spent the day in Blackpool before Luke went on holiday the very next day, needless to say I cried on the train home. 
C- For our second anniversary we headed to Chatsworth country park and had a lovely picnic in the woods (it rained a lot).
D- We stayed at home this year. Our whole anniversary just us in Derbyshire.
E- This year we stayed at the Ramada Encore (we got an amazing deal on this) in Derby, England. Luke also thinks the hotels name counts 'Ramada Encore'. 

I passed my driving test with 4 minors and ever since have been driving around in Mum's car. Mainly to the tip and back but that's beside the point. I'm only insured for one month so I have to make the most of it while I can. Unfortunately that means I won't be able to drive myself to move into university in september, which brings me to my next exciting news...

 I got into university! My first choice university. My heart was pounding as I logged onto ucas, my hands were shaking uncontrollably and the internet was painfully slow. But I did it! The hard work paid off. Although my results were very slightly below the conditional offer I'm still so glad they accepted me, even if I did spend a little time thinking I didn't deserve to get in. So now my days are filled with organising things I'd like to take, (even though I started packing in December!) and making sure I have everything I want  need in my little green book. I'll be doing a university related post soon so if you know anyone who's heading there in September be sure to pass it on to them. 

You can follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think :)