Saturday 21 February 2015

Easy egg free chocolate mug cake recipe


I've tried and tested most of the mug cake recipes around being a student and all that, so today I thought I'd share my favourite recipe. This is a great recipe if you can't eat eggs or perhaps like me you can't justify using an egg every day at cake time.

A different mug cake, I will upload a better pic soon

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (I use hot chocolate powder)
  • 2 tablespoons milk (semi-skimmed, but I use any I have)
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (I usually don't bother)
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar (I usually use white granulated)
  • 4 tablespoons self raising flour
  • pinch of salt
  • optional: chocolate chips

Method:
  1. Place the butter in a large microwavable mug for 15 seconds or until melted
  2. Add the cocoa powder and beat with a fork until combined. 
  3. Add in the sugar, milk and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
  4. Add the flour and salt (if using chocolate chips scatter half in now and use the rest on top before putting in the microwave).
  5. Cook for 1 minute 45 at 600w or 1 minute 30 at 800w. 
  6. Insert a clean knife of skewer into the cake to test if done, if it comes out clean it is ready, you can also test if the cake springs back when pressed then it is also done. 
Enjoy! Let me know how yours turns out in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think :)